Let’s just say I’m stocking up on butter this week. ‘Tis the season for cookies!
My house smells sugary and buttery and delicious. I made these Austrian shortbread cookies, but in saving my jam for stock in my shop, I used lemon curd for that middle filling instead. Sort of a deconstructed lemon bar, if you will.
I also only used half the dough. I shredded the first half and simply forgot to take the other half out of the freezer. In other words, they came out a little bit… shorter than originally intended. Oh well. Looks like I can make another batch in the very near future; this batch is for the neighbors.
I’ve stumbled across a few collections of cookie recipes that look promising, and thought I would gather them together for all you cookie-lovers here:
- First, remember this epic cookie battle that Alex and I did a couple years ago?
- My favorite go-to cookie are these fleur de sel peanut butter cookies.
- A local blog shares recipes from a recent cookie exchange.
- It’s hard to go wrong with Smitten Kitchen, and her cookie list is impressive.
- SpoonForkBacon recently did a few posts on cookies (especially here and here), including interpretations of Girl Scout cookies.
- Hello from the Nato’s shares a neat idea for gifting cookie dough so that your gift recipients can spread out their buttery caloric indulgences throughout the year.
Tell me, what cookies are you whipping up this year? Something simple and classic? Or elaborately decorated? Are you enjoying them yourself or giving them away as gifts? Do tell.